To increase your website traffic you will need to provide your visitors with good, useful information, whether you are trying to sell them something or simply entertain them.
One effective method to increase website traffic is by having a search engine discover your website link on another website, versus submitting your link manually. This is because search engines like to see that other websites link to yours, and especially websites that are similar to yours (talks about the same thing).
Here are seventeen online and offline methods that will help you increase website traffic.
1. Offer free, original, and quality content on your site. This is, by far, the single most traffic-generating activity you can take part in.
* Make sure the content is helpful to your visitors. Provide your visitors with the information they need to achieve their goals or solve their problems.
* Create a fresh piece of content every two days if you can, or at least once a week.
* Do not use content generators.
2. Focus your content on keywords related to your topic.
3. Start a newsletter for your website. When people read each issue they’ll be reminded to revisit your website. Submit it to all the free e-zine directories on the internet.
4. Submit original articles to e-zines, websites, and magazines that accept article submissions. Include your business information and web address in a resource box. This is a great way to increase website traffic.
5. Start a blog. Post original content and articles at least twice a week and ping your blog when you post to it.
6. Give away an electronic freebie (like an e-book) with your ad on it. Allow your visitors to also give the freebie away.
7. Exchange links with other websites that are closely related to the subject of your website.
8. Participate in forums. Post answers to other people’s questions, ask questions and post appropriate information. Include your signature file containing your website’s URL at the end of all your postings.
9. Start your own online discussion community.
10. Hold free online classes or seminars. You will become known as an expert on the topic.
11. Get some vinyl decals or bumper stickers created and turn your car into a moving advertisement for your website.
12. Use word of mouth. Tell everyone you know about your website, give out business cards to passers-by in the street, and so on.
13. Give visitors a free entry into a contest or sweepstakes.
14. Let visitors download free software such as freeware, shareware, demos, etc.
15. Offer free online services or utilities from your website.
16. Give free consulting to people who visit your website.
17. Put keywords and phrases in bold or italics,
With consistent effort and some ingenuity, you can increase website traffic without breaking the bank.